In addition to the human death toll in the current peanut butter recall, a dog owner in Atlanta who shares his food with his pets believes there may be a link between the Salmonella tainted peanut butter and his dog's sudden death:
Naturally the owner has questions but in typical secretive corporate fashion, the companies involved with the product are not terribly interested in helping:
Bert Kanist says his dog Ozzie became sick after eating two packages of Austin brand peanut butter crackers, two days before the snacks were recalled because of the salmonella outbreak.
Ozzie died the next day.
"All I get is the same runaround. 'We can't talk to you. We'll take your name number,' and they pass me another phone number," he complained. "All I want is a straight answer from somebody."