Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dinner at Chez Dog



In this edition: Chicken, celery, carrots, parsley and a bit of leftover Basmati with sliced almonds. I boiled the chicken and after it was done, used the same pot and broth to boil the celery and carrots (successfully avoiding washing the pot!). I mixed up the meal in a separate bowl and put the pot with the broth in it in the fridge overnight (Pot washing avoidance numero dos). When it came time to serve, I heated up the broth to pour it over the food so that the meal wasn't cold. Once I did that though, there was no more avoiding it - I had to wash the pot. *sniff* I just hate sad endings.


Breakfast was oats that I'd soaked overnight in buttermilk, applesauce and ricotta cheese. As with the dinner, I just add Calcium and some form of omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil capsules, flaxseed meal, etc.) before serving.

No comments: