Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oldies are Goodies

This is a posting from Alexander County Animal Shelter in North Carolina:

This female Pit mix came in as a stray from the area of Polk St. Animal # 10157.
Interested? Call: 828-632-1199 or Email Us
Shelter is located off Hwy 16 N near the National Guard Armory.
Address
116 Waggin Trail
Taylorsville, NC 28681
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:30 am - 12pm, 1pm-4:30 pm

***
The posting indicates she was added January 7. From the photo, she appears to be a senior dog and to have a litter on the ground. Elsewhere in the shelter's listings are a couple of "Pit mix" puppies, 5 weeks old, added February 8. I am guessing these are two of her pups. There is a posting on Facebook indicating she passed a temperament test but will be killed tomorrow if unadopted although I have no confirmation on either of those things. I hope someone will be willing to take her home and give her a snuggly blanket and tasty food for whatever time she has left in this life.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I'd take her if I could. What a sad, sweet face.

smallstream said...

Oldies are the best kind, in my heart. I'd take a grown dog over a pup any day....also, this is one of the blogs I read daily, and I was wondering if it's OK to link it on my blog I just started. (http://spottedstripedsolidandfluffy.blogspot.com/)
I'd love to if it's okay with you!

Dana said...

I tried finding the facebook post or any more information about her and couldn't. Although I don't think there is any realistic way I could get her out here to Utah... This breaks my heart completely.