Monday, February 8, 2010

Treat Recipes

In answer to the recipe requests I received, I offer the following (this fulfills the request for a soft treat and for one without eggs or cheese):

3 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C oats
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 C milk
1 T blackstrap molasses
1 1/4 C peanut butter
1/4 C unsweetened applesauce

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and roll dough out as desired. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F. When cool, store in fridge.

Note: This makes a soft, cakey type treat.

***
On the carob brownies - the ones I made were really really awful. I mean, the dogs liked them fine but they were totally ptooey to me so I came up with a goose egg on that one. In its place, I'm offering a completely un-carob recipe for anyone who might like to try it:

1 1/4 C oats
5 - 6 T butter
1/2 C hot water

Step 1: Pour the oats into a mixing bowl and add the hot water. Melt the butter and drizzle on to the oatmeal. Stir to mix.

Step 2: Add the following ingredients to the bowl and stir thoroughly to combine:

1 C cornmeal
1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 C flaxseed meal
2 T blackstrap molasses
1 egg

Step 3: Roll out on to a small cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Turn off oven. Roll through with pizza cutter to create desired sized treats and return to oven for several hours.

1 comment:

Smart Dogs said...

Your culinary sacrifice is greatly appreciated. I owe ya one.